Ready for a Helix HQ interior revamp!? But not before we get our colour scheme just right! Colour is an extremely important and effective element in . Colour has been proven to evoke specific physical and psychological responses within our bodies.
Red is considered the ‘physical’ colour; it has the ability to raise our pulses and create the illusion that time is passing faster than it is. It is also said by colour psychologists that red induces appetite; this is directly related to the physical effect red has on our bodies. Blue, on the other hand, is known as the ‘intellectual’ colour; it tends to affect us mentally by stimulating thought, communication and concentration. Yellow is considered the ‘emotional’ colour; it can evoke optimism and confidence in certain hues, but anxiety and depression in others.
It is important that these factors be taken into consideration when designing the spaces that we live, work and play in.
Here are some of the basic rules:
1. Bright colors — that is, vibrant shades of green and blue, yellow, and orange — provide an expansive feeling. These are friendly, happy colors that encourage communication.
2. Dark colors, such as red, purple, blue, and dark shades of green, can have a constricting and gloomy effect. But when applied in the right place or as accent elements, they can help convey comfort and security.
- What are COLOURS Really? (onthehillgilayjun.blogspot.com)
- Interior Design Elements: Colour (designfelt.wordpress.com)
- Types of Colour (emdfx.wordpress.com)